Duration: 3 days | Fee: €1195
About the Course
This course is FETAC accredited and you will be awarded a FETAC Certificate in Business Management.
This Management Course will provide you with an in depth practical
and theoretical understanding of the role and function of management
in the business environment.
You will gain an invaluable insight into the knowledge, skills and attitudes that
successful managers need. These skills and techniques will help you to communicate
effectively, motivate others and improve motivation to meet future challenges
and increased responsibilities.
As this course is FETAC accredited, you are required to complete
2 work based Assignments and a Project.
The assignments account for 50% of the mark with the remaining 50% awarded for Project work. These practical assignments ensure that the learning is transferred to the work place making a real and valuable contribution.
You will be given clear guidelines on how assignments should be completed. The project element will be completed and assessed during the course.
- The Management Process
- Function and role of management.
- Planning, organisation, motivation, conflict resolution.
- Internal communication and decision making.
- Setting standards and performance management.
- Management Skills
- Role and responsibilities.
- Generic management skills.
- Effective communication.
- Human Behavior
- Theories of human behavior.
- Styles of management.
- Successful leadership.
- Concept of empowerment.
- Human Resource Management
- Role of Human Resources in an organisation.
- Advantages of staff development and training.
- Recruitment, selection, performance appraisal and conflict resolution.
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Managing teams.
- Influencing, leadership and negotiation.
- Dealing with issues and problem solving.
- Performance Management
- Improving staff performance.
- Procedures for setting observable performance objectives.
- Dealing with Under-Performance
- Using constructive criticism to improve performance.
- Team Working
- Getting individuals to work together in the achievement of a common goal.
- Building and maintaining effective team working.
- The Internal Organization and External Environment
- Different types of organizations.
- The interrelationship of various departments.
- Organizational policies and the process of change.
- External factors including political, economic, social and technological.
Management Training course locations
This Certificate in Management Course is run in a number of our centres nationwide, including Dublin, Cork and Galway.
If you would like further information please complete our online enquiry form Click here
Please call us on 1890 245345 for further details.
*To gain the FETAC award an additional FETAC examination fee of €95 is applicable