Duration: 1 Day | Fee: €490
About the Course
This Managing Meetings Course is designed to give participants guidelines on the necessary planning, preparation, structure and processing of meetings to ensure successful outcomes.
It will also provide opportunities to practice chairing and participating at meetings.
- Make meetings shorter, more focused and productive.
- Have clear guidelines for the planning, preparation and structure of meetings.
- Apply the skills of leading, processing and controlling meetings.
- Participate actively and make effective contributions.
- Common problems associated with meetings.
- Responsibilities of the meeting leader.
- Planning the meeting: the purpose and objective.
- Deciding the type of meeting, level of formality and leading/chairing style.
- Planning the structure: drawing up a sequential, informative, timed agenda.
- Leading meetings: effective positive, motivational introductions, clarifying ground rules/objectives.
- Introducing agenda items, clarifying and gaining agreement with objectives.
- Processing discussions: use of statements, questions, listening, acknowledging, clarifying, summarising, confirming.
- Gaining positive participation. Concluding positively: by gaining agreement on actions, accountabilities and deadlines.
- Exploring different situations/behaviours: reviewing options for handling these appropriately.
- Participating: the importance of planning, preparation and presentation. -Making a constructive contribution, stating your case and listening. -Supporting individuals, building on their contributions and ideals.
Training Course Locations
This Communication Skills Course is run in a number of our centres nationwide, including Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway.
If you would like further information please complete our online Inquiry Form Click here
You can also call us on 1890 245345 for more details