Duration: 1 Day
About the Programme
This Minute Taking Skills Course is specifically designed for those
involved in writing agendas or taking minutes at formal or informal
meetings and who need to improve their skills in writing clearly,
concisely and effectively.
- To appreciate the importance and relevance of thorough preparation.
- Increased confidence when listening and improve accuracy of note taking.
- To build the relationship between the chairperson and the minute taker.
- How to collect and collate material and formulate useful agendas.
- How to write concise and accurate minutes from notes in an appropriate style.
- The importance of a well-planned agenda and accurate minutes in achieving a successful outcome to a meeting.
- How to plan and prepare the agenda in relation to the content, sequence, presentation and timing.
- Taking notes including listening techniques, concentration and using a manageable format.
- Writing minutes including organising material, correct structure, being concise and clear, proper use of language (practical exercise).
- Common faults in business writing and how to avoid them.
- Focusing on the objective.
- The basic rules for good writing – accuracy, brevity and clarity.
- Compiling and constructing information logically.
- Effectively using clear and concise English to improve readability.
- Action planning.
This Certificate in Management Course is run in a number of our centres nationwide, including Dublin, Cork and Galway.
If you would like further information please complete our online Inquiry Form Click here
The course fees include all training materials, workbooks, certificate of attendance,
lunch and tea or coffee each morning and afternoon.